Mittwoch, 20. August 2008

Mera Luna 2008


The M'era Luna was quite a nice opportunity to take a lot of photos of a lot of different folks. Unfortunately press often only looks at the most appealing and most dramatic individuals of the scene, so I decided to shoot the whole diversity of people listening to all these strange kinds of music presented at this festival.
As I arrived with some quite special group (btw: thanks for everything!!!) I was one of the first visitors and had the opportunity to get a glimpse of the Airport area in Hildesheim before, during and after the festival took place. Hence, I did some funny documentation shots in the beginning, hopefully documenting more than the mere content of the images. Everything begins with replacing your normal shoes with heavy boots...whereas for some people the party already started the night before... :)



In the festival area I began with shooting people (*harhar*) all around on Saturday, but very soon I recognized that I do not like all these shops in the background, other people looking at the camera, dixie toilets in every corner, and all this nasty stuff. Yes, I do know: This is festival atmosphere. But do you know what? Reality sucks. This kind of festival atmosphere is just not beautiful. After shooting at the sky (and compensating shutter times appropriately) for a while I found a white tent which I spontaneously used as a cheap studio background. The nice thing about this tent was that it was standing right in the middle of quite a huge market where people where shopping all around. I also started to use the on-camera flash with manual settings, making sure that the tent is homogeneously white in the background. So I relaxed, leaned back and just picked the most interesting folks from the crowd, asking them for a small mini-shooting. Be affirmed: This was fun.

Keine Kommentare: